Best Lemon Chicken Breast Recipes
Let’s start with the good news: boneless, skinless chicken breast is high in protein and low in fat. The bad news is that boneless, skinless chicken breast is really bland! What is the solution? Use the chicken breast recipes as a blank canvas for all of your favorite major tastes, without jeopardizing its natural healthfulness. Our lemon chicken dish does all of this through the use of a couple of our favorite bold, vivid flavors:
- Lemon in three different ways. We’re not fooling around here—this isn’t simply lemon chicken. It’s chicken with LEMON! To give this lemon chicken recipe as much citrusy punch as possible, we use lemon zest, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, and whole lemon slices.
- Garlic in two forms. We could have termed this lemon garlic chicken because it contains both fresh garlic cloves and (you guessed it) garlic powder.
- Herbs, herbs, herbs, and more herbs. All from a few dried herbs you probably already have in your pantry.
Lemon Chicken Cooking Instructions
Our baked lemon chicken recipe is nutritious, quick, and tasty. The secret is to coat the lemon chicken with moisture-giving ingredients and to keep an eye on the internal temperature to avoid overbaking.
1. Prepare a marinade for lemon chicken. It’s more of a rub or paste because our lemon chicken recipe doesn’t require any actual marinating (yeah!). But, in essence, we wrap the chicken breasts in an olive oil-based herb mixture flavored with oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. Begin making the lemon chicken sauce! To make the sauce for the chicken breasts, combine all of the zingy ingredients (white wine, fresh garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice). This sauce will also be used to baste the chicken while it bakes, allowing the vibrant flavors to be absorbed by the chicken (without the need to marinate the bird).
3. Until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Then it’s time to get started!
Tools You’ll Need:
- 9 x 13 baking dish (a baking sheet will not work for this one because of all of that delicious lemon chicken sauce)
- A grater with a Microplane.
- A citrus juicer is quite useful.
- A thermometer for meat.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma Dinner
Healthy, flavorful, and simple.
This one really is everything. We hope this healthy lemon chicken meal seemed as effortless to you as it did to us. Please let us know how everything went! Take a picture of your cooked lemon chicken and possibly a video of the kind of people you feed it to.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (around 2.5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 tsp thyme, dried
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris)2 tbsp minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Optional: 1 lemon, cut into 6 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place the chicken breasts in a 9 x 13 baking dish and pat them dry.
3. To make a thick marinade/paste, combine the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Seasoning paste should be applied to the chicken breast.
4. In the same bowl, combine the white wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over chicken breast.
5. Place the lemon slices among the chicken and bake for 15 minutes, then baste with pan juice and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Per Serving Amount
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Total Sugars||2 g|
Chicken Fajitas Recipe, Chicken Breast Recipes
We season these simple chicken fajitas with our (nearly) world-famous homemade taco spice. Because fajitas aren’t really true Mexican cuisine—they’re more Tex-Mex—there’s a lot of opportunity for experimentation when it comes to an excellent chicken fajita recipe. We highly recommend pre-making our taco seasoning in large batches and keeping it on hand for convenience. If you’re really desperate, you can always buy it. Once you’ve made your taco seasoning, follow these steps to make the quickest, finest chicken fajitas ever:
• Combine the taco seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice to make a marinade.
• Toss the chicken and vegetables with the marinade.
•Bake for 15 minutes, spreading the contents around the pan.
•Warm tortillas, salsa, guacamole, avocado, sour cream, and fresh cilantro round out the dish. Alternatively, turn this fast sheet pan dinner into a salad!
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 lbs. gutless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- Small warmed flour tortillas, optional
- avocado, optional
- cilantro, optional
1. In a large mixing basin, combine the taco seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice to prepare a marinate.
2. Combine the chicken, red onion, and bell peppers with the marinade. Allow to marinate for 1 hour, covered, if you have time. If not, bake immediately.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
4. Place the chicken and vegetable mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Broil for another 3 minutes to impart sear to the meat and vegetables.
5. Toss with warm tortillas and top with salsa, guacamole, avocado, sour cream, and fresh cilantro.